Monday, December 19, 2016

Sarah Kane's Year In Review

Well, it's been quite a number of days since I sat down here to write, and that's not a bad thing - I've been a busy woman!

However, I don't want to let this blahg slip since it was, after all, my 2016 New Year's Resolution. I wanted to consistently write, no matter who read it or what they thought of it. And I've reached that goal, with over 100 blahg posts. The best part is that many of you have become my consistent readers, and I've truly enjoyed the feedback and support I've received.

This little corner of the internet has made me very happy, and I can't believe the year is already drawing to a close! So much has happened! Since January 1st, the day I began this blog, I have...

...Experienced death of someone far too young. Watched my Aunts and Uncles cry, stood in a silent, empty hospital room tucked quietly in the bustling streets of a city that holds a heritage I have yet to experience...

...Traveled to military bases, turned wrenches, worked with my hands, made the most of my semester off from school by building physical and mental muscle with my dad and his crew...

...Joined a wonderful group of women to explore our stories, to write and share and journey together for a number of precious, soul-nourishing Tuesday nights...

...Left Asheville to spend my summer in the mountains of Cherokee with hundreds of children, teaching and singing and crafting and growing and smiling more than I ever have before...

...Returned home to embrace education, studies, and books...

...Spent many nights in the wild and honest company of friends, playing cards and dice, driving to starry lookouts, lying in my bed and whispering our hearts out...

...Made a bold leap of faith into a world of brutal honesty, came forward into the light with my story of abuse and heartbreak. I ended up recieving affirmation in the most unexpected ways possible, by being believed, by having action taken on my part, by being flanked on both sides by powerful people who chose to take my word over the word of a 35 year old man...

...Found a family through my job at the Y...

...Discovered my heart is perhaps ready to move on, as it tredpidly tests the waters of a new relationship with hope and anticipation...

...Brought the semester to a strong close, fueling myself for another upcoming year of Hard Work and Much Learning...

...Turned 21, breaching a "Change Year" in my life, marking the start of a new leaf in the book of myself, a book I'm constanty writing, reading, and re-writing as I go...


All these things and many more have made my year a vibrant, active one. There are hundreds of people who have crossed my path. Friends old and new. There are books I read, songs I cried to, hard things I am proud to say I accomplished (from a Vivaldi Concerto to my "B" in Accounting).

And, I've written about most of it.

Of course, no one can see my year in reverse in as bright colors as I can, but I've enjoyed giving you a glimpse into this little life. It's been a wonderful year! And 2017 already holds the promise of life, love, hard work, many words, travels, newness... and I hope very much to write about it in an even better, more honest way.

*Cheers*


No comments:

Post a Comment