Sunday, August 28, 2016

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And Other Emotions

My first week of classes officially ended this past Thursday.

That's right baby, I ain't got no Friday classes!

*sigh of relief*

My first week being thrown in the deep end of academia was a bit wild. Only because I feel like I've been OUT there, now... you know. OUT THERE. And now I'm back in this place where they say, "you won't always be in school..." "when you're out of school..." "when school is no longer your main priority..." etc.

AND IT IRKS ME. Because *sniff of superiority* I know dat life.

So, I'm having to come down a few pegs, humble myself, and realise that (in all honesty) I NEED this education and it's a privilege I'm able to waltz back in and get it. Many people leave school early for a "break", get jobs, and find themselves caught in the washing machine cycle of life, unable to escape once they are in debt, have lots of bills, lives to maintain, yada yada yee yah.

Truly, I'm glad I never got stuck out there in an hourly job. Getting back into classes has sparked my interest in the things I was previously studying. Over my time off, I was starting to worry that all I wanted to do was work a 9-5, come home and read books, and occasionally volunteer somewhere nice.

NOPE! My accounting class, of all things, gives me little shivers of excitement when I see the gigantic numbers all balancing out. I have the business bug.

I try to fight it, but it's there! I've had many bugs in my day - the lit bug, the clay bug, the camp bug - but the BUSINESS bug is the bug I want to keep around. The business bug can fund other bugs. Ya get me?

School is good. I'm glad to be back. It's taking some time to readjust to the parts I hate (busy work. group projects. talking to people.) BUT IT IS GOOD.

*deep breath*

STAY TUNEDDDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment