Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Five Things I Forgot About College

So, I'm back in the game after a year on the bench, and there are some things I'd forgotten about... Here they are.

1. Professors are (still) smarter than me. 
 
     Yes. Apparently, while I was gone from college, I did NOT discover all the secrets to life and I still have some things to learn.

2. Homework isn't that bad...

     For some reason, I thought that coming back into school, I'd be drowning in assignments, but I wasn't before and I'm not now. (It's the exams that are the scary part...)

3. AVOID THE FOOD AT ALL COSTS.

     There's not much to say about this, but the fact that my very first cafeteria meal of the semester found me laying in my car sweating and crying an hour later... that says it all.

4. Routines are pleasant.

     I've quite enjoyed knowing EXACTLY how every day of the week is going to go. I can fill in the gaps between class confidently, unlike my schedule when I was out of school, which was chaotic and fun, but not conducive to important things like sleep and eating regularly.

5. School is really not that big of a deal. 

    At the end of the day, I'm the same person in or out of class; my identity isn't based on papers, grades, or anything else school-related. Good grades are just a perk of being great, not a deciding factor. ;)

THE END

STAY TUNED

HAHA BYYYEE

No comments:

Post a Comment