Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Remarkable Effectiveness of "Just Getting On With It"

Well, folks, Sarah Kane's life is slowly inching along, one assignment, shift, and day at a time. As September draws to a close, it's tempting for me to start analysing myself to death and stressing non-stop...

Pop QUIZ! Which of these things makes me stress non-stop?

a) the fact that it's been a year since I've been home
b) school
c) WINTER IS COMING AND THAT MAKES ME SAD
d) It's just my inherent nature to stress non-stop
e) All of the above

If you answered E...

100% A+ Good Job CORRECT

It's just that time. Summertime is fairly stress-free for me. Spring is great. Christmas break is usually less terrible than anticipated.

But this awful season when winter starts to loom, OH, that does it for me! *WHINES* Between school and work and avoiding stalkers and all those other fun 20-year-old things, I'm due for a cry about every 15.8 hours or so*.

But you know? I've started this new thing, where instead of letting myself be sad, lonely, irritated, or what have you, I just look myself in the eye and say "GET ON WITH IT!"

I've just had to.

Because school and work don't stop for a pity party sesh you know?!

I've found functioning on a daily basis is getting harder and harder. It could be because it actually IS getting harder (school. work. people. all getting harder!) or it could be because I'm getting worse at doing stuff. I've finally had to admit to myself that this gigantic trauma thing that happened to me last year has really done a number on a few things (you know, like my self-confidence, tolerance for people, sensitivity levels, idealist worldview, naive hopefulness, etc. etc. oh darn).

SO YEAH! Things aren't that easy!

But you know what works?

Just. Getting. On. With. It.

I can stop all day to analyse how hard things are for me right now, but that won't get things done. You know what gets things done? Doing things. So, people, I'm doing things. Repress your feelings! Ignore yourself! JUST DO THINGS! Push through. Carry on. Fight it out.

It works!

*two thumbs up*

*official statistical chart on "hours Sarah spends crying" coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment