Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mishaps in Black Mountain | Adventures with Priya

Today was so fun. I rose before the sun to shower off all the disgusting grime that was left over from babysitting last night (chocolate milk and tears, namely) and then I headed out to Black Mountain to meet my friend Priya *insert rainbow and flowers streaming from the sky*!

And when I say meet, I mean LITERALLY MEET because though we've been friends for almost six years, we have NEVER met in person! We took online classes together (with a bunch of other awesome people who are our friends now too!) and I guess we found out we had a lot in common since we were both (dunh dunh DUNNHHH!) HOMESCHOOLED *scream of terror*.

So, yeah, we met up while Priya was in Asheville for a weekend retreat with some of her college friends, and I am so glad we got the chance to hug each other for REAL! We had planned originally to go to Dobra Tea, which, if you know me, is one of my faves. Well, my GPS was obviously jealous of Priya and decided to literally reroute us into circles no matter what I did. I turned right onto the same road multiple times before we decided to live dangerously and go left. (ooooh! ahhhh.) Finally, about a half hour later, we GOT THERE!

They were closed.

(Like our hopes and dreams...)

So we drove around looking for another place to go, and finally we found an odd little tavern! And, GLORY BE the open sign was lit like a beacon of hope on sunday morning. We made a few illegal u-turns and got there!

They were closed. I guess they just forgot to turn their open sign off the night before? Don't worry. Yelp will hear about this.

So, like one does, we decided to Shop Local (trademark of Asheville) and go to DUNKIN DONUTS! Yay. We got, between the two of us, eight bags of various consumables. It was delicious, and the company was *alright*. It was wonderful, actually. It's sort of strange to transfer a friendship from skype and messaging to THE FLESH (sounds more intense than I meant) but oh, it was lovely. I don't know about Priya, but I so felt warm and fuzzy reminiscing on Ye Olden Days of Homeschool and also getting up to date on our current lives (which are both nuts, but hey, we aren't bored!).

Priya, it was so lovely to see you, and I *WILL* get you to write a guest post for me on my blahg sometime, just you wait!

                          

*This is the view from Priya's cabin she stayed in. Can you say: WHAT THE HECK SO PRETTY




*Us being cute as all get out!




                               *I couldn't NOT post this photo. This is the aspect of in-person
                               friendship we finally got to experience! (AKA my ugly laugh and
                               whatever is happening to Priya's face in this moment. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment