Friday, February 19, 2016

PSA: THE END IS NEAR

While rifling through my planner just now I saw that there's only one week of February left, which was great news, since February is obviously the worst month of the year by FAR. By February, the thrill of the "new year" is long worn off, there's nothing exciting like Christmas to look forward to, snow is starting to become old news (I hate snow), and BAD THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME IN FEBRUARY!

The February when I was 17 started a bad trend of disastrous Februaries. The first year was a car wreck. The next year was mono and, well, some guy problems (the two weren't related). Last year it was Pneumonia and a (mental) breakdown (those two WERE related).

THIS year, well, I just have found myself in not so great of a place in my life in general... I thought I'd be spending this February stressing over my Agnes Scott midterms, preparing for my class ring ceremony, and living it up in my Decatur apartment. Rather, I spent my morning wiping the noses of toddlers and drinking cold (but free) coffee out of a foam cup.

But. Then I saw my planner, and I REALIZED!

It's ALMOST OVER! (this icky blah-prone season, that is!)

We're so close to the spring, when, no matter what catastrophes are at hand, life is infinitely better. After this next week, it'll be March, which can go either way in terms of being terrible or pretty okay. Then it's April, which definitely brings some excitement over new green things growing, and then it's MAY... during which a lot of things happen, namely, SUMMER BEGINS. (For me. Because that's when I leave for camp.)

So, if you're a fellow seasonally-depressed human with bad winter vibes, then DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! The end is near... just be aware of that as we slug through the next two-three weeks of BLAH. We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment