Thursday, March 17, 2016

Stupidity Exposure Therapy

Last night, during my routine "drive around listening to Cat Stevens and contemplating the meaning of life" session, I made a new stop:

U N C A

That's right. My SCHOOL. My school I haven't actually attended yet, due to an unfortunate incident with the admissions office losing my application and then it being too late to register for classes, etc etc etc.

We're not off to a great start, me and this school.

So why did I drive there at 9pm? Well, it's been extremely nice to have a noticeable deficit in the areas of a few things in my life: peers, stupidity, peers, people my age, my peers, college students, oh and also stupidity. Did I mention that?

I haven't missed those things one bit! And honestly, I'm worried that when I start school again in the fall, after nearly a *YEAR* off, that I'll go into shock and possibly die from the inability to handle so much of my peers and their stupidity.

Thus, I've decided to routinely drive to UNCA and make a few laps around campus, hoping that the exposure helps rebuild my immunity and my tolerance level for these aspects of college life I so intensely dislike.

Maybe if I watch enough people vaping, hear enough dumb conversations, and smell enough bad cafeteria food, I'll build my ability to put up with it. Because right now, I'm about one dumb conversation about Bernie Sanders away from burning down some buildings.

So, hopefully my plan for Stupidity Exposure Therapy works, because I need to DESENSITIZE DESENSITIZE DESENSITIZE!

No comments:

Post a Comment