Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Day I Had An Unstoppably Good Mood!

Yesterday.

That was the day.

Nothing could keep me down!

Despite a late bedtime the night before, I woke bright and early, brushed my hair, and drove (singing all the way) to Starbucks, where I was charged NINE DOLLARS AND TEN CENTS for my coffee and pastry. Even that putrid price could not destroy my good mood. I threw a 20 gleefully at the barista and flirted voraciously for the duration of our interaction.

Then, it was off to the Y, where I sat in the sunny lobby sipping on the most delicious nine dollars of my life and reading a book. HEE HEE! Then, at 8:30, it was into the Y daycare to wrestle with crying children. Even spit-up, snot, and being clobbered with a plastic dump truck didn't get me down!

My shift flew by, and then I went outside and sat in the grass making a flower crown. It was only 40 degrees and my fingers nearly froze off, but who cares! Sarah Kane is in a good mood.

THEN, I went to Target! I bought earrings, throwing more cash gleefully at my cashier and flirting (again!). I got a pastry for a dollar using my receipt from the overpriced purchase of that morning!

NOTHING CAN GET ME DOWN!

In Marshalls, I found an exquisite Estee Lauder travel compact with a million glittery powders in it and my life nearly felt complete! OH FOR THE LOVE OF OUTLET STORES!

Now - the perfection of the day was momentarily threatened when I realized my debit card was missing from my purse and I was, whoops! Out of cash.

BUT THAT'S OKAY!

I merely returned my earrings from Target (and a few other things I'd bought previously, like my new swimsuit) and then that little Estee Lauder jewel was MINE!

THEN, I came home, took a delightfully boiling hot salt bath, and fell asleep. I woke up to Indian food sitting on the kitchen counter. DELICIOUS!

Gosh, my day was so stinkin' good.

I woke up today with a mood hangover. That's what happens to me, when I have too good of a mood one day. The next day, I'm morose and languid. I've texted a million friends with demanding propositions that would make my day better. I made two eggs instead of one. I have a headache.

But it was worth it. Yesterday was a beautiful day in the life of Sarah Kane. Mood swings! The good thing about mood swings is there's always that great high before you crash back down.


No comments:

Post a Comment