Friday, January 15, 2016

Flashback Friday: THE AWKWARD YEARS

It's gross, rainy weather here in Asheville today, so I opened my box of journals to take a peek at the past. What I found was, well, incriminating. Embarrassing. All that. But it's okay. I'm sharing some snippets from the ages of 14 to 16, which were a unique, troubling time in my life. *cringe*

7/21/10 (age 14)
"I did the childcare thing at church again today. Other than the time I hit a little boy in the head with a chair and made him cry I think it went well and I guess maybe I'm super good with kids!!"

9/02/10 (age 14)
10:00 am
"I'm at the beach with my family and its AWFULL! AGHH! They act like they like me but I KNOWW THEY HATE MEE! Ugh I wish I was at the school retreat instead of STUCK HERE IN HELLL!!"
1:00 pm
"This place is SWEEEEEEEEEEET! So glad I'm here instead of stuck at lame-o retreat!!! There's a freekin hot lifeguard from some europeaun country and he has an accent and my mom and I can't stop staring at him! ANYWAY I LOVEEEE IT HERE. BEST VACATION EVERRR!"

9/17/11 (age 15)
"I feel so utterly SHALLOW!!!!! People-- maybe even my CHILDREN will read this one day. ALTHO the likelihood of me having kids is like negative freekin zero! But who knows, maybe some homely missionary with low standards will settle for me."

9/20/11 (age 15)
"Oh my gosh, I think The Lord is using (insert female name) to test me. She looks at me weird EVERY TIME I see her. But the worst part... she's desperately in love with (insert male name) I JUST KNOW IT. I'm devastated. When we were playing volleyball the other day she went up to him and 'BRUSHED DIRT OFF HIS ARM'. YEAH right, (insert female name) WE ALL KNOW YOUR IN LOVE WITH HIM! I hate my life"

11/24/11 (age 15)
"I have a confession. I'm reading a really inappropriate book. It's about this girl who has a boyfriend, and once he touched her boobs and she did not even break up with him OR even tell her parents in the end. I feel really guilty about it. I'm sorry God that I read this book (very detailed drawing of a sad face with lots of tears)."

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND possibly my favorite entry of all--

01/17/12 (age 16)
"heheheehehehehehehehhehe
hehehehhehehhehehe
blahblahblahblahblahblah
DONTCOMEOVERHEREDONTCOMEOVERHERE
hehehehehehehee
busybusybusybusybusybusy"

01/18/12 (age 16)
"Sorry bout that last entry. I was just writing so I would look busy because this guy was totally EYEING ME and I HAD to avoid him. I just don't feel ready for a relationship right now to be honest. Its hard but I'm proud of myself for doing the right thing. My future husband is gonna be so proud of me that I worked hard!! TRUE LOVE WAITSSS!"


present day:
groan.


*SETS FIRE TO ALL HER OLD JOURNALS*

No comments:

Post a Comment