Saturday, January 16, 2016

I've Got So Much So Much So Much

Things I'm thankful for today . . . 

Time . . . I've had a LOT of time on my hands the past few months. It's the first time I haven't been in school since I was about 3 years old. Isn't that wild?! I've suddenly got about 30 more hours a week to fill. I'm filling them with work, art, and rest. It's good, for the season I'm in, to have more time to use in ways that I need!

Health . . . Within the first six months of 2015 I had flu, strep, bronchitis, and pneumonia all in a nice little row. It screwed me up for months following! I later had two bouts of the norovirus and suffered the effects for weeks. But, I'm starting off this year in good health, and that is a BLESSING!

Perspective . . . I'm grateful that in the midst of pain, I can still look forward with hope. In all the grieving I've done in the last few months, I still feel propelled forward by the idea that things will get better. It keeps me going!

Art . . . Art by others and by myself! This for me includes poetry, music, pictures, colors, rhythm, flower boxes, and even stick figure drawings by the kids I watch. I enjoy not only viewing art but also making it. When I play piano, draw a bird, or make a necklace I really am uplifted instantly.

Family . . . After everything that's gone on in my life this past year and a half, my family has proven that blood really is thicker than water.

Humor . . . I love laughing and making people laugh. I've always jokingly said "humor is a great coping mechanism" and it really is. Sometimes people are like "hmm you don't sound sad when you're telling this sad story" and it's because I (try to) inject humor into the scary things that have happened to me. Making the hard parts of my life more bearable by making them into entertaining stories is helpful.

Faith . . . It's amazing how it takes a rocky season to make you realize what you believe in. I've had to really evaluate what I believe in the past year, and I've definitely been comforted by my faith. It's been challenged and doubted a lot (by myself more than anyone else!) and it's proven true, and there's something very peaceful about that realization.

These are the things I am grateful for today! They should be things I'm grateful for every day, but sometimes I'm just more aware of how blessed I am. I hope you also have these things to hold onto in your life! Don't forget about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment