Tuesday, January 5, 2016

MIND FOR RENT (Fully Furnished with Doubts and Hang-ups!)

WOOOO so first of all, this has somehow turned into a daily blog. Don't know why, don't know how, but here we are!

So, welcome back.

Have a seat in the parlor of my miiiiind--but don't look in that corner. Or that one. Or that one...

Actually, wait! This was meant to be a mere witty introduction to a post about how bad I am at origami, but now I can't stop thinking about how *embarrassing* it would be if people saw all the things in my brain. You see, I'm a hoarder. A mental hoarder. (Maaaaaybe an actual one too. But only with certain things, like receipts, and... clothes. And cards. And-- never-mind.)

There's boxes of stuff all over my brain, a shoebox of stress there, a wee satchel of guilt placed delicately atop an armoire filled with regrets, and um, fear. It's harder to get rid of things that exist in way that's real-er than real. I can hold something physical in my hands, observe it rationally, and then throw it off a cliff if I want to, boom. It's very effective!

But when it's emotions up there in yonder noggin, that you can barreeellyyy even pinpoint in the first place, it's HARD to deal with. It's so not-real, yet, it's more real than anything physical. Feelings, imaginings, intuition. It's almost like we're a figment of them, not that they're a figment of us.

Not really sure what kind of grand conclusion to make on this, except that it's scary to have this world inside myself that I can't quite get to or always.... "control". *immediately logs onto school portal and registers for psych 101* I wish I could hang up a sign on my brain that said UNDER CONSTRUCTION. SORRY ABOUT THE MESS.

Anyway, there's some daily driveling from yours truly, congratulations on making it through! If you made it here you now understand that much more about Sarah Kane, who may or may not matter to you. Now go out there and furnish your brain! Go get yourself some pleasant thoughts to decorate it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment