Saturday, January 2, 2016

Will Werk For Educashun

Well, 2015 ended with a bang-- namely, with Target letting me go.

WHAT??? Yes. My beloved Target, where I thrived in a loving environment filled with opportunity and encouragement, let me go. *sniffle*

JK, I absolutely DESPISED that job, but still! It was totally a crushing blow to be pulled into a tiny office and told "yeah soooooo Christmas is over, we've sold out of all our giant tins of popcorn, and we don't really neeeeeed you anymore so, BYE!"

I was seasonal anyway, but I sort of thought I'd charm them into keeping me! I guess I failed at that mission, although my extremely attractive Team Leader was waiting by the time clock and told me he'd call me in a few days (about what, who can say? Probably with legal reminders that Target owes me nothing and that slander laws exist). Heh.

So, my short journey through retail purgatory has ended, and I have come out on the other side a little richer and a little grumpier. But honestly, I think it's good I didn't love that job. I've had several jobs where I've been really happy (working at a local toy store, camp counseling, even nannying!) where I've thought "I could do this forever"! But Target....oh, Target was miserable! And it was a good reminder of how any jobs I have pre-college-graduation should be TEMPORARY. Don't wanna get too comfy while my degree slowly simmers (evaporates?) in that pan on the back burner.

Meanwhile, I've applied for a lovely potpourri of different jobs, anywhere from being a search engine janitor to a mentor at the YMCA. We'll see what happens. I'm trying to be more chill about these things, because in the past I've wasted a lot of stress on the future when poof, good luck always kicks in just in time! While I wait for employers to call me back begging for me to work for them, I'm trying to be productive by doing the typical New Year-ish things like cleaning out my closet and signing up for 30 day yoga challenges.

SHORT VERSION: I got fired from Target and now I'm trying not to freak out but I'm doing yoga so it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment