Thursday, January 14, 2016

You've Got Mail...and a Job Interview, AND FRIENDS!

As I write this I have a bowl of ice cream on one side of me and a pile of dogs on the other. Livin' the dream, yes?

But for real, things have been looking up for me the past few days. I had a job interview at the YMCA that I'm 99.9 percent sure I absolutely nailed. A job would be GREAT, since money is a really helpful thing (plus, the job is watching kids, so that's always hilarious and fun).

I've had a great week. Lutheridge staff reunion left me in great spirits, I enjoyed watching the Clemson and Alabama game with friends, and I got to have tea with a lovely friend that I've connected with after yeaarrrss. OOH! And I got a DELIGHTFUL package from my dear friend Rachel from camp that just made my day (I'm writing her back after this post!). It's been a pleasant, steady week, with things to look forward to and things to look back on with satisfaction.

It's been hard to see all my friends starting their semesters and realize that I am "behind" them now--but to be honest, I don't feel THAT bad. It kind of has helped me take over the idea that "this is MY life. I can do things in a different timing than others and it will STILL be a good life!" So I have a lot of peace about it, and for now I'm going to do all those fun pre-job things like drug tests and hunting down my references and threatening them until they give me glowing reviews. (Kidding.)

Something that's nice about not being in school is that I have TIME to learn the things I want to learn. Because not all my energy is being spent on classes, I've been able to *gasp* read for pleasure! Oh Lord! That hasn't happened much since I started college, and it's so nice to get back in tune with reading and writing as something I LOVE and not just something I'm paying 381923718764732 dollars to be forced to do. (And that will start again soon enough-- in about six months!)

So, I'm going to keep writing, keep reading, keep working, keep cuddling my dogs, and life will continue in this manner until fate decides to throw a curveball at me. (I'm waiting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment