Saturday, January 9, 2016

Shenanigans at Camp

I'm writing this from my bed in Thornburg as the rowdiness of our first night of staff reunion dies down. Twenty minutes ago this room was filled with people, five to a bed, laughing and soaking in the familiarity and comfort of seeing each other again. Being back at camp is so good. Even though I drive by the entrance every day, and have even stopped by the office since the summer, it isn't "camp" until there's counselors sitting on a bed talking about nothing and everything.

This is exactly what I need this weekend-- this weekend that proved to be the weekend I would NOT register at UNCA, that I would NOT go on a long-awaited road trip, and that I would NOT get a job.

But I DID park at camp and open my door to the smell of campfire. I DID get approximately 273525 squeally hugs. I DID lay in bed talking to a friend by lamplight until 2 AM. And I DID feel something in my spirit come back to life. A little community, a little nostalgia, and a little rest will go a long way to helping this weekend turn out to be GOOD. 

The day this is seen by the land of the living (Saturday) I will be surrounded by Lutheridge counselor love. Singing, eating, cuddling, probably whining about our lives outside our jobs here, and it's gonna be great!! Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment